P&O Cruises are renowned for offering world class dining onboard their ships, so-much-so that all of their executive chefs have been invited to join the Chaine des Rotisseurs. The Chaine des Rotisseurs is an international respected gastronomic society that was founded in Paris in 1950 and brings together professionals, such as chefs, restaurateurs and non-professionals from across the globe.
Traditionally, the cuisine onboard has always had a British feel to it with a contemporary twist thanks to the influence of the likes of Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White over the years. Through these celebrity chefs, not only do the signature restaurants have a unique feel, but the whole network of restaurants onboard receive planning and input from culinary experts to create a truly refined dining experience.
The Food Courts
The Food Courts onboard P&O Cruises offer a fantastic option for casual, 24 hour dining and these relaxed eateries are always popular with cruisers. The early morning is based on breakfast food, with a brunch-style menu available from late morning. There is then a late morning snack, lunch and afternoon tea and cakes. The evenings offer main courses ideal after a day of shore excursions. If you find yourself feeling peckish after the main meal, there is also a selection of snacks available throughout the night, from pizza to sandwiches.
The Main Dining Room
Dining onboard a P&O cruise ship is made easy thanks to the options of either Club or Freedom Dining in the Main Dining Rooms. Club Dining sees you sat with the same people at a set seating time each day and is a great way to structure your time onboard and meet fellow passengers. Meanwhile, Freedom Dining allows you to turn up and be seated whenever you wish within the set serving window for the venue.
These main dining rooms offer an elegant ambiance and sociable atmosphere while you enjoy silver-service and a five course menu, the perfect opportunity to put on your best clothes and make the most of the delicious food on offer.
Select Dining is P&O Cruises’ specialty dining option, offering more intimate venues, a stunning variety of food and celebrity chef restaurants. Whether it's a romantic meal for two, a celebration, or just a change of scenery, these restaurants offer fantastic food. From the fine dining of The White Room, to the relaxed atmosphere of The Glass House or Café Bordeaux, there is something for everyone. Cafe Bordeaux onboard Aurora and Ocean Grill onboard Arcadia are signature specialty restaurants designed by the three Michelin starred chef Marco Pierre White. Marco's ideas are ingrained in the menu and concepts behind the restaurants, creating a truly unique cruise dining experience.
In addition, The Glass House is based on a London wine bar that can be found onboard Aurora, Azura, and Britannia, where all the wines are selected by British wine expert Olly Smith. The Glass house also offers a light menu, which has been picked to go hand-in-hand with the wines on offer.
In keeping with P&O's commitment to all things British, guests with a sweet tooth will appreciate another taste of home in the form of Jude's Ice Cream. All ships stock a range of flavours of the award-winning, Hampshire-born ice cream, with the family-friendly ships offering an especially extensive list of choices.
However, it must be noted that many of the select dining restaurants do carry an additional cover change.
When it comes to washing down your meals, there’s a drinks package option for every age and taste. Available on any P&O cruise of 5 nights and more, these P&O Cruises drinks packages are simply unbeatable choices at an unbeatable price!
- Ultimate drinks package (£39.95pp each day): Almost every drink served onboard from cocktails and beers to coffees, teas and fizzy soft drinks.
- Hot drinks package (£10.95pp each day): Costa coffees, Teapigs’ branded teas and luxury hot chocolates.
- Non-alcoholic drinks package (£19.95pp each day): A sweet mocktail, Costa coffee or soft drinks.
- Children’s drinks package (£7.95pp each day): Kids’ favourite soft drinks. Available to 17-year-olds and under, this package is free for any child sharing a cabin with 2 adults who have purchased the Ultimate drinks package.
Food Theme Cruises and Excursions
- Cruises with Olly Smith-Olly believes that there is a wine out there to suit every palate and every pocket. He frequently appears as a wine expert on Saturday Kitchen and makes guest appearances on ITV’s This Morning. Join Olly for a spot of wine tasting, sampling a selection of wines chosen especially. If you’ve always wondered what wine could perfectly pair with one of your specialty dishes, now is the time to ask.
- Cruises with Marco Pierre White- Marco Pierre White was the youngest person to have been awarded three Michelin stars and has trained many well-known chefs such as the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Curtis Stone. You can learn from Marco in a hands-on cookery class or as part of a master class, where he will demonstrate his tricks of the trade. Dubbed the ''Godfather of British cuisine'', this really is a special opportunity.