Updated: October 2021
From the moment you step onboard a luxury cruise ship you will receive first-class and personalised service thanks to their intimate capacities. You’ll also enjoy some of the best cuisine at sea alongside immersive excursions and enriching activities, proving just why luxury cruises are one of the best ways to see the world.
As with all cruise ships, you need to choose the right one to suit your particular needs and preferences. Whether you want a spacious ship or an intimate experience, we’ve narrowed down our favourite luxury cruises, so you can decide which of these top luxury cruise ships in the world resonates best with you.
Regent Seven Seas Grandeur
Launch date: Winter 2023
Guest-to-crew ratio: 750 to 542
Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Regent Seven Seas Grandeur is the sixth ship to join the Regent Seven Seas fleet, and with an array of modern features alongside the cruise line's heritage of world-class service, there's luxury at every turn on this exceptional ship. From relaxing in your sumptuous suite to sampling some of the finest dining at sea, there's no better way to see more of the world than on Seven Seas Grandeur.
- Infinity-Edge Plunge Pool- you'll feel even closer to the ocean when you take a dip in Seven Seas Grandeur's impressive plunge pool. Enjoy the refreshing water and soak up the views as you unwind on board.
- Culinary Arts Kitchen- whether you want to learn new dishes or simply improve your skills, the state-of-the-art Culinary Arts Kitchen is on hand with experts ready and waiting to share their knowledge with you.
- Chartreuse- it doesn't matter where in the world you're sailing, with Chartreuse you'll feel like you've stepped into a French restaurant on the Champs-Elysee.
Browse all Regent Seven Seas Grandeur cruises.
Launch date: April 2023
Guest-to-crew ratio: 1200 to 800
Cruise Line: Oceania Cruises
Oceania Vista may be a larger luxury cruise ship, but there's no compromise when it comes to offering an on board experience fit for a VIP. Between shore excursions which will immerse you in the destinations you visit and evenings enjoying the sophisticated entertainment at venues across the ship, there's plenty more to explore on Vista. Choose from both casual and formal restaurants, spend an afternoon by the pool or book a treatment or two at the Aquamar Spa for an even more luxurious experience.
- Artist Loft- learn a new craft or show off your skills at the Artist Loft. A relaxing space on board to get creative, experts are also on hand to guide the way with fantastic workshops.
- Vista Lounge- no cruise is complete without some live entertainment, and at the Vista Lounge there's plenty on offer. From cabaret to production shows, get ready for a showbiz evening on board.
- Red Ginger- from Malaysia and Thailand to China and Korea, savour dishes which are packed with flavour at Red Ginger. As well as the delicious cuisine, the welcoming service will make you want to come back again and again.
Browse all Oceania Vista cruises.
Launch date: 2023
Guest-to-crew ratio: 1.25 to 1
Cruise Line: Explora Journeys
The first to set sail in Explora Journey's fleet from 2023, Explora I will be joined by three more ships as she takes guests to breathtaking ports of call around the world. With unconventional arrival and departure times, as well as overnights on board in port, Explora I will allow guests to truly explore the destinations they sail to. When you're not ashore, the ultra-modern on board amenities, including swimming pools, elegant bars and mouth-watering dining options, are bound to add even more luxury to your stay.
- Outdoor Pools- with three different outdoor pools to choose from, Explora I has plenty of spots throughout the ship where you can take a refreshing dip or simply relax poolside. And with 64 private cabanas on offer as well, there's so much space to wind down on board.
- Retractable Glass Roof- as well as the three outdoor pools, guests will also be able to enjoy a fourth pool with a retractable glass roof. No matter what the weather, you'll still be able to enjoy hours spent poolside on Explora I.
- Al Fresco Bars- as you sail to amazing ports of call around the world, you won't want to miss the spectacular views you'll see along the way. To make the most of the journey, why not enjoy a drink outside at one of the ship's al fresco bars?
Browse all Explora I cruises.
Launch date: April 2022
Guest-to-crew ratio: 262 to 120
Cruise Line: Seabourn Cruises
Built for expedition cruises, Seabourn Venture takes guests to off-the-beaten-track destinations around the world, all while providing an ultra-luxury on board experience. With space for just 262 guests on board, you'll soon feel at home in this state-of-the-art ship. From exciting activities using the ship's own watersports equipment to relaxing in the lounges and making the most of the exquisite cuisine, Seabourn Venture is the perfect way to explore amazing destinations at the height of comfort and luxury.
- Discovery Center- be sure to make the most out of the destinations you visit with a trip to the Discovery Center. Through insightful lectures, you'll get the chance to delve deeper into each port of call.
- Activities- if you like getting active, you'll be thrilled by the equipment carried on Seabourn Venture. From mountain bikes to scuba diving equipment, zodiacs and kayaks, there's no better way to explore during your cruise.
- Expedition Lounge- take a break and get to know fellow guests at the comfortable Expedition Lounge. A social space, you'll also find interactive maps, weather information and more here.
Browse all Seabourn Venture cruises.
Launch date: November 2021
Guest-to-crew ratio: 596 to 408
Cruise Line: Silversea Cruises
The tenth luxury ship to join the Silversea Cruises' fleet, Silver Dawn maintains the intimate capacity to incorporate the ‘private yacht’ experience, yet features spacious all-balcony suites with butler service. Most excitingly, Silver Moon also features the innovative S.A.L.T, a culinary arts enrichment programme which will bring guests closer to the heart of the destination through gastronomy. Food fanatics will be well and truly delighted by the delicacies onboard Silver Moon luxury cruises.
- Panorama Lounge- life at sea is all about the views you can enjoy along the way, and where better to experience them than at the Panorama Lounge. Boasting comfortable seating, tempting cocktails and floor-to-ceiling windows, head here for unrivalled ocean scapes and a welcoming atmosphere.
- Kaiseki- beautifully prepared by expert chefs, dining at Kaiseki is a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds. Serving authentic Japanese cuisine, this fine dining restaurant is a must-visit during your cruise.
- Pool Deck- when the sun is shining, be sure to make your way to the pool deck on Silver Dawn. From the well-sized central pool to hot tubs, comfortable seating and delicious drinks, the hours here are sure to fly by.
Browse all Silver Moon cruises.
Launch date: 2020
Guest-to-crew ratio: 100 to 90
Cruise line: Silversea Cruises
With a team of Ecuadorian expert guides, 8 Zodiacs and stunning spaces perfect for relaxing after adventurous excursions, Silver Origin has set a new standard for Galapagos voyaging. Relax and recharge in all-suite accommodation on this luxury cruise ship with butler service, indulge in authentic Ecuadorian-inspired cuisine and experience moments that you’ll remember for a lifetime. This environmentally-conscious ship is truly a must for avid world-travellers.
- Basecamp- This interactive space is where guests are immersed in the culinary arts of the destination. Take part in demonstrations, workshops and lectures, and you’ll bring home a souvenir like no other.
- The Grill- With relaxed al fresco dining during the day and innovative Hot Rocks dishes by night, The Grill will be sure to tantalise your tastebuds.
- Observation Lounge- After an exciting day of exploring the islands, relax at the Observation Lounge and watch the sun go down through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Browse all Silver Origin cruises.
Spirit of Discovery
Launch date: 2019
Guest-to-crew ratio: 999 to 505
Cruise line: Saga Ocean Cruises
For a classically elegant cruise holiday with no fuss, Spirit of Discovery offers spacious venues, balconies for every cabin and a wide range of restaurants to choose from each night. Guests will also find over 1,000 pieces of art by renowned artists from the UK, creating a unique, quintessentially British feel onboard. If you’re looking for luxury in a laid-back setting, Saga’s Spirit of Discovery will bring you to iconic destinations in the utmost comfort.
- The Playhouse- This grand auditorium can seat over 400 guests each night, and is home to fantastic shows, live music, entertainers and films.
- The Britannia Lounge- One of the best social hubs onboard, the Britannia Lounge is the perfect place to read and relax with panoramic views all around, as well as dance and mingle as the sun goes down.
- The Club By Jools- In association with the iconic musician Jools Holland, this 1950’s-style restaurant and club is home to lively jazz acts as well as delicious steakhouse dishes.
Browse all Spirit of Discovery cruises.
Whichever luxury cruise ship you choose, you’re guaranteed to have the cruise holiday of a lifetime. With onboard service that is second to none, whether you’re relaxing onboard or exploring a new destination, the experience will be truly unforgettable. If you’re still unsure, check out our guide on 10 reasons why you should upgrade to a luxury cruise.