Debuting in 2020, Scarlet Lady is the first of four Virgin Voyages cruise ships. Aimed at the 18-35 crowd, Scarlet Lady was designed by people who have never cruised themselves, and who are therefore well placed to give first-time and previous non-cruisers the amenities and features to attract them.
Scarlet Lady is a 110,000-tonne masterpiece of design. With her truly unique outline, colour scheme and deck plans, you’re sure to notice her in any Caribbean port - not to mention the iconic mermaid emblazoned on her bow in contrast to the flying lady of Virgin Atlantic airways.
93% of the 1400 cabins have a sea view on Scarlet Lady, with an incredible 86% boasting balconies for a luxury cruise experience as standard. From these walk-on terraces, sailors can walk out and soak up the sun while taking in the amazing views beyond in privacy and comfort.
Scarlet Lady Entertainment
Onboard Scarlet Lady Virgin Voyages transport sailors to a hedonistic adults’ playground where every moment is filled with excitement or relaxation depending on how you like it.
- Day: Flashmobs
- Evening: Red Room
- Late: Nightclub
- Something unique: Tattoo Parlour (the one and only at sea!)
With Scarlet Lady you’ll find a fantastic variety of entertainment performances in the Red Room theatre. With a retractable stage and varying set ups to host the six shows, you’ll be able to see anything from acrobatics to cheeky cabaret in the Red Room during your adventure on Scarlet Lady.
As if that wasn’t enough, while soaking up the sunshine on Scarlet Lady’s decks, 80 flashmob-style shows pop up throughout the day to bring fun-filled entertainment that truly breaks the fourth wall.
Scarlet Lady will have no main dining room, no set dining times, no dress code and no buffet and no extra charges as standard.
Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Lady is the first large cruise ship to throw away the idea of providing a buffet dining venue as one of their staple restaurants. Instead, sailors on Virgin Voyages’ debut cruise ship will find more than twenty individual, made-to-order restaurants, cafés, lounges and various other dining venues including:
- The Pink Agave- giving the best flavours of Mexican cuisine with a twist.
- Wake - a restaurant with a grand piano and a grander view, serving steak, seafood and champagne, with hand-picked sommeliers.
- Geonbae- meaning “cheers” in Korean, this relaxed setting serves famous Korean barbecue where you can cook for yourself at your table. The name speaks for itself with a round of Soju shots on the house and lively drinking games too.
- Extra-Virgin Italian- communal tables (or private mobster’s lair) specialising in hand-made pasta.
- Razzle Dazzle- great for vegans, foodies and slobs with a seizure inducing colour-scheme inspired by WW1 camouflage designs - check out Red Bar for more surprises!
- The Galley- a made-to-order food market all day instead of a buffet. This means no food waste and the freshest of dishes.The Pizza Place - every aspect is made to your liking from dough to topping
- Test Kitchen- no menu, just a list of ingredients to experiment with! Complete with lab theme of periodic tables, beakers and test tubes.
As well giving you the chance to sample fresh flavours from all over the globe while sunning it up in the Caribbean, Virgin Voyages are revolutionising cruise cuisine in more ways too. Banning single use plastics such as cutlery, packaging or straws from their food preparation and serving methods, Virgin Voyages are not only looking to make dining at sea clean for your body, but also for the oceans. Whether you’re experimenting in the test kitchen with a range of hand-picked ingredients, tucking into a Korean Barbecue at Geonbae or simply enjoying a pizza, the only guilt you’re in danger of feeling with Virgin Voyages is the impact to your waistline!
As well as offering unrivalled dining options, Virgin Voyages also revolutionise how you spend your time onboard. With their new concept Vitamin Sea, Virgin Voyages mix your onboard activities into a balance of detox and retox, to makes sure you go home truly rejuvenated and refreshed.
Examples of retox include:
- Enjoying the view with some peace and privacy in a tranquil cabana.
- Going for an invigorating dip in the cold plunge pools
- Making new friends and sampling a number of themes and music styles at the various nightclubs, such as the Manor, as well as onboard parties.
- Relaxing in the sun on the largest lounge bed at sea.
Meanwhile, detox activities are:
- Participating in a range of fitness sessions to get your blood pumping.
- Mind and body in perfect harmony with sunrise and sunset yoga.
- Hot tubs set just right to ease those tired muscles.
- Spa treatments to truly pamper yourself and feel like a new version of you.
- Treat your body like a temple and grab a clean and healthy juice.