MSC Meraviglia is the first ship to be built from the MSC Vista generation of cruise ships, and is the largest ship built by a European based cruise line. MSC Meraviglia visits a range of exciting destinations, and provides an outstanding level of comfort and style to all who sail with her. Initial itineraries feature popular ports in the Mediterranean and Europe including Barcelona, Naples, and Sicily; with Genoa, Marseille, and Barcelona being the ships three homeports.
Meraviglia comes with a number of new innovations and onboard technologies, including Near Field Communication (NFC) which allows quick and easy onboard payment along with location and booking services. Guests can use MSC for Me technology to book spa treatments, unlock their cabin, or even check on the kids with geo-location.
Family cabins have received an update, and new cluster cabins -
the size of three cabins - are now available for larger families. With up to 17 different cabin types available, there is sure to be something for everyone.
MSC Meraviglia can comfortably accommodate up to 5,700 passengers, and with generous levels of entertainment onboard there is guaranteed to be something to suit everyone.
Foodies can get their fix from the Mediterranean style village with speciality dining, and everyone will be wowed by the grand LED dome ceiling providing mood lighting and spectacular displays.
MSC Yacht Club
Those seeking an extra special cruise experience should consider the MSC Yacht Club. This prestigious club offers a number of fantastic and luxurious benefits, such as some stunning suites, 24 hour butler service, 24 hour concierge, all-inclusive food and drink, and access to exclusive areas. It is also possible for these guests to arrange private shopping opportunities, and to create their own bespoke shore excursions.
With a fabulous range of dining options, families, couples, and solo travellers will find something to suit them each and every day.
- Main Restaurants - these serve a great array of Mediterranean-inspired dishes, such as a succulent rack of lamb, tasty squid ink ravioli, and delicious fresh tuna rolled in a tandoori marinade.
- Eataly - Ristorante italiano - expect both classic and contemporary options in this venue, perfect for families with a variety of palates!
- Butcher's Cut - an incredible American-style steak house, serving not only delicious, carnivorous feasts, but also offering sophisticated, bold wine-pairings and cocktails to finish.
- Kaiko Teppankayki Restaurant and Sushi Bar - this stylish choice boasts a menu of authentic Asian cuisine, using the only the best and freshest ingredients.
- Market Place Buffet - this is a great venue for families, and those keen to get back to the pool! Think easy but delicious freshly made pizzas and pasta.
There are also some great bars including the British Pub, which has a real rustic and genuine feel to it.
MSC Meraviglia's exclusive partnership with Cirque Du Soleil
is an industry first, with a custom built theatre and orchestrated performances that arguably surpass anything previously seen on a cruise ship. There are two original, unique shows in the evenings, six days a week.
Other choices include:
- enjoying a movie poolside, cuddled up with your loved ones beneath the stars
- a visit to the TV Studio & Bar, where you'll find televised games, quizzes, and talent competitions, and live music, comedy shows, and karaoke
- dancing the night away in the Attic Club
Families will love the outdoor water park, featuring three exhilarating slides and various pools, which connects to an indoor, two-tier amusement park as well.
As well as these fantastic attractions, you'll find a full-sized bowling alley, Formula 1 simulators, and a sportplex which includes a basketball court that doubles up as a dance floor in the evenings!
While people of all ages can enjoy most of the facilities onboard, it's worth knowing about MSC's fantastic kids clubs.
- Baby Club - perfectly designed for little ones between 1 to 3 years of age
- Mini & Juniors Club - for those aged 3 - 11, offering fantastic LEGO activities including The Lego Experience Onboard - a day devoted to Lego-themed activities for all the family
- Teens Clubs - two clubs grouped by age: 12 - 14 and 15 - 17. Find a disco, cinema, and gaming room