Setting sail in 2018 after much anticipation, Celebrity Edge is the initial ship to begin the exciting new Edge Class and a true cruising revolution. Landmark cruise firsts and popular Celebrity Cruises' features combine, such as the Magic Carpet, Eden Rooftop Garden, Grand Plaza and futuristic, immersive theatre, to make Celebrity Edge a ship ahead of its time.
With the inspirational Malala Yousafzai as godmother, Edge's introduction has been highly anticipated throughout the cruising world and now she has finally been introduced to the sail alongside the rest of the Celebrity fleet. To take your chance to be one of the lucky firsts to experience a cruise like no other on Celebrity Edge, just take a look at our array of amazing cruise deals to mark this fantastic event!
Boasting a capacity of up to 2918 passengers, Celebrity Edge is luxury cruising on a grand scale. Introducing new stateroom categories including the Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda, Iconic Suite and the Edge Villa. There are 918 Infinite Veranda staterooms which are 23% larger than the veranda staterooms in the Celebrity Solstice Class. The Infinite staterooms are designed to seamlessly blend indoors with outdoors.The Iconic suites are both 5,000 square feet, where passengers will have the same view as the captain and a 700 sq foot veranda with private cabana and Jacuzzi. The Edge Villas span over two levels where each balcony will feature a private plunge pool and walk-out access to The Retreat Sundeck, the first ever suite-only area on a Celebrity Cruises ship.
As well as being the first cruise ship to be completely designed in 3D view, new technology onboard means guests can board faster than ever, due to facial recognition software, while entry to rooms is possible with your own personal smart phone. A new and improved Virtual Concierge app also allows guests to tailor their experience, from booking dinner reservations to ordering drinks.
There are several standout facilities onboard Celebrity Edge including the Magic Carpet, Rooftop Garden and Eden.
The Magic Carpet is the world's first cantilevered venue that travels as many as 13 stories. Turning into a different venue depending on which deck you are on, on deck 16, the Magic Carpet transforms into a speciality restaurant in the sky where ''Dinner on the Edge'' experiences can be hosted for select guests. Other great features of the Magic Carpet include an al fresco seating area for almost 100 guests and a new luxury embarkation station just above the ocean surface.
The design of the Rooftop Garden was inspired by childhood playgrounds. Enjoy a tempting BBQ treat at the Rooftop Garden Grill, relax to the pop up live music or watch a movie with A Taste of Film.
Eden is a dramatic new venue for Celebrity Cruises debuting onboard Celebrity Edge. This spacious aft area spans three decks and has almost 7,000 sq.ft of glass providing some of the best views at sea. The venue itself transforms throughout the day and night to give guests a multi-faceted experience. From chilled mornings with yoga, coffee or space to simply relax, to playful and active afternoons with classes and enrichment seminars. As the sun goes down the social vibe turns up and Eden's sinful evenings come with live entertainment, culinary delights and a buzzing nightlife.
The minds behind the masterpiece
As well as Celebrity Edge being the first cruise ship to be designed in 3D, several celebrated designers and architects are behind the creativity and ground-breaking features onboard.
Interior designer Kelly Hoppen MBE introduces simple, yet elegant décor to the cabins and suites as well as furnishing the public areas of the Retreat and Luminae restaurants, as well as the spa, with the aim of fusing together the intrepid nature of travelling with the comforts of your own space.
Meanwhile, Scott Butler and his team, veterans of Millennium and Solstice Class ships, are behind Edge’s Eden, Grand Foyer and panoramic view glass lifts to create a light and airy feeling throughout. On the exterior itself, Tom Wright, the mind behind the iconic Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai, was responsible for Edge’s unique deck spaces and distinct profile.
Try a taste of modern luxury onboard Celebrity Edge with an amazing 29 dining options to choose from. With 7 speciality restaurents, 5 complimentary dining venues and 4 main dining halls, Celebrity Edge invites you to discover a universe of tastes and flavours inspired by incredible cuisine the world over.
Enjoy Celebrity Edge's exquisite complimentary dining:
- Tuscan Restaurant - showcasing the very best of southern Italian cuisine
- Cyprus Restaurant - serving delicious Mediterranean dishes
- Normandie Restaurant - contemporary French meals served in a refined atmosphere
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant - offering American cuisine with influences from all over the world
Or indulge with the unforgettable speciality dining options:
- Luminae at the Retreat - this high end restaurant is exclusive to Suite Class guests, and has a new menu each day
- Blu - for AquaClass guests only, serving innovative yet simple meals
- Fine Cut Steakhouse - spoil yourself with a perfectly cooked steak while dining al freso on an ocean-view terrace
- Le Grand Bistro - for fine French cuisine in an authentic Parisian-themed restaurant. This is also the home of the famous Le Petit Chef, a projection show cast onto your table where you can see your dish being made right before your eyes!
- Raw on Five - offering a stunning range of delicious fresh seafood
- Rooftop Garden Grill - a wonderfully casual venue serving a range of classic favourites
- Eden Restaurant - try a range of contemporary creations in this thrilling open-air kitchen environment
Enjoy eleven bars and lounges plus other entertainment venues onboard Celebrity Edge, each offering Celebrity Cruises' unique and diverse entertainment.
Here's a snippet of what you can look forward to:
- The Theatre - with five new and exclusive productions to enjoy, all guests should find something they will love. Choices include the playful 'Hot Summer Night's Dream', a tale of love and madness told through music and dance, and 'Kaleidoscope', a mind-boggling, fast-paced show that juxtaposes LED illuminations, projectors, and other technology with music and dance.
- The Club - a multi-purpose room that can be a great space during the day for gaming and socialising, before transforming in the evening into an entirely different environment. At night here you can enjoy DJ performances while letting loose on the dance floor.
- Resort Deck - another versatile area, here guests can relax in private cabanas, enjoy live music, and even partake in some interactive dining.
- Eden - this exciting, one-of-a-kind venue uniquely blends performance art with culinary, and natural elements with manmade design.
- Camp at Sea - one for the children, this is an enriching programme which includes an incredible 500 activities including the largest Xbox One X at sea.
Those who want to maintain something of a health and fitness regime whilst on holiday will love the facilities onboard Edge. As well as a fully-equipped, modern gym, there are a number of invigorating group classes onboard. These include hot yoga, spinning, and weight training.
The spa onboard Edge is undeniably something special. The rooms are inspired by nature whilst also adopting the best of human technologies, resulting in a tranquil environment that promotes healing and well-being.
The menu of treatments features over 120 options, including Elemis therapies, acupuncture, oncology massage, and traditional Chinese Jou treatments. Plus there are eight areas in which you can relax and focus on yourself;
- The Hammam - get exfoliated and cleansed in Celebrity Cruises' take on a traditional Turkish Bath
- Salt Room - said to promote healing for skin and respiratory conditions
- Steam Room - a well-known facility for cleaning the skin, clearing bronchial pipes, and generally relaxing
- Rainfall Water Therapy Room - take advantage of the flowing waters which can wash away tension and discomfort
- Float Room - a great space to relax on an elevated basket chair, while enjoying sea views through the windowed walls
- Sauna - another favourite which is ideal for soothing tense muscles and cleansing the skin
- Heated Loungers - Great for warming the muscles to help them relax
- Crystalarium Room - an environment focussing on nature's healing powers, with stone walls and an amethyst to channel natural energy
There is also a wonderful Spa Cafe, in which you can find delicious healthy treats such as salads, fresh smoothies, and juices.
A first onboard Celebrity Cruises is an adults-only relaxation area solely for guests staying in Suite Class accommodation. Named The Retreat, lucky Suite guests can unwind here and soak up the sun on the comfortable outdoor furniture while being served cocktails and snacks by dedicated pool butlers.