P&O Cruises is a British cruise line which caters for both the family-friendly and adult-only cruise markets. With a seven-strong fleet of exceptional ships sailing a variety of itineraries across Europe and further afield to the Caribbean, there's plenty to choose from. Keep reading our handy guide to the different ships in the fleet to find out which is best for you.
Exclusively For Adults Ships
From their delicious restaurants to must-see entertainment and much more, every P&O Cruises ship is perfect for adults. However, for those looking for a relaxing, child-free holiday, Arcadia and Aurora are the ideal choice as they are for over 18s only.
A mid-sized ship, Arcadia has space for just over 2,000 guests on board. Sophisticated in design and indulgent in what she has to offer, this exclusively for adults cruise ship has everything you could need for an unforgettable getaway.
P&O Arcadia Exclusively For Adults Highlights
- Speciality dining at Sindhu, an Indian-British fusion restaurant, or Ocean Grill by Marco Pierre-White, available exclusively on Arcadia
- Panoramic ocean views and contemporary cocktails at The Crow's Nest
- Evening shows at The Palladium
Sailing alongside Arcadia as the second exclusively for adults ship in the P&O Cruises fleet, Aurora is the cruise line's smallest member, yet still packs quite the punch when it comes to escaping daily life on a cruise holiday.
P&O Cruises Aurora Exclusively For Adults Highlights
- Three swimming pools, including one with a retractable roof meaning you can lounge by the pool whatever the weather
- The Playhouse cinema with space for over 200 guests in spacious, comfortable seating
- Cabaret, quizzes, tribute acts and discos at Carmen's show lounge
While there's no doubt that adults are set for a dream holiday on board P&O Cruises exclusively for adult ships, families haven't been forgotten about when it comes to this popular British cruise line. From toddlers to teenagers, there's something to keep guests of all ages entertained on board P&O Cruises family-friendly ships.
Sailing from 2022, and joining Iona in the Excel class ships, Arvia is designed specifically to make the most of the sunshine in destinations like the Caribbean. When you're not ashore exploring each port of call, everyone will love discovering what's around every corner of this family-friendly ship.
P&O Cruises Arvia Family-Friendly Highlights
- Altitude activity zone complete with Splash Valley, minigolf, high ropes course and sports arena
- SkyDome, a pool and entertainment area complete with retractable glass roof for fun no matter what the weather
- Exclusive new restaurants including the 6th Street Diner and plant-based dishes at Green & Co.
The first ship in P&O Cruises Excel Class of ships, Iona took family-friendly sailing up a notch when she launched in 2021. With space for 5,200 guests across 15 decks, there's fun to be had from morning to evening on this dazzling, family-friendly P&O Cruises ship.
P&O Cruises Iona Family-Friendly Highlights
- The Limelight Club, a grown-up venue complete with delicious food and fantastic entertainment, perfect for a date-night
- Family-friendly speciality dining including American cuisine at The Beach House and mouth watering burgers at The Keel & Cow
- The Reef for 2-12 year olds and Scene for 13-17 year olds where younger guests can have fun with others their age
While Britannia may be smaller than Arvia and Iona, there's still no end of fun to be had on this family-friendly ship. From comfortable cabins to free kids clubs and shows that guests of all ages can appreciate, enjoying quality time together has never been easier.
P&O Cruises Britannia Family-Friendly Highlights
- Popular family-friendly dining venues including the Horizon Buffet, poolside Pizzeria and Market Café
- Four swimming pools, ideal for making a splash or lounging in the sun
- West End-style shows at the super modern Headliners Theatre
From short breaks or Mediterranean adventures to venturing further afield to the Caribbean, take your loved ones on an unforgettable holiday courtesy of P&O Cruises family-friendly cruise ship Ventura. Welcoming just over 3,000 guests on board, this elegant ship is the perfect mixture of excitement and relaxation.
P&O Cruises Ventura Family-Friendly Highlights
- Age-specific kids clubs plus a night nursery for under 4s so that the parents can enjoy a night to themselves
- Dedicated family restaurants with earlier eating times for more relaxed dining
- Luxurious Oasis Spa complete with thermal suite and nail and hair salon
Last but by no means least, Azura is the fifth family-friendly cruise ship in the P&O Cruises fleet. An experienced member of the fleet, exquisite dining and hours of entertainment await on board.
P&O Cruises Azura Family-Friendly Highlights
- 9 restaurants, including The Epicurean, The Glass House and Sindhu speciality venues
- The 800-seat Playhouse Theatre which plays host to everything from acrobatics to cabaret and musicals
- SeaScreen open air cinema showing a variety of family-friendly films by the pool
So, whether you're setting sail on a romantic holiday or want to get the family together to make new memories, our handy adult-only and family-friendly P&O Cruises ship guide is sure to give you a helping hand when it comes to choosing who to sail with. Now all that's left to do is browse all our P&O Cruises deals to find the perfect itinerary to match.
Discover our other blog - Best Family Cruises Summer 2024 for more information.