Thomson Cruises, the UK’s third largest cruise line, this week shared the breaking news that it will soon become Marella Cruises.
This is the first time in the history of the cruise line that it will be sailing under a new name. The exciting rebrand of Thomson Cruises will take place from November, at the same time that Thomson changes to TUI.
The new name, Marella, means ‘shining sea’ in Celtic and was chosen to reflect Thomson Cruises’ spirit of exploration and discovery. To celebrate the launch of Marella Cruises, new exotic itineraries have also been announced for winter 2018/2019 with cruises visiting Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Goa, Sri Lanka and beyond. Marella Cruises’ exciting fly cruise collection includes departures from up to 22 regional UK airports.
New name, same friendly welcome
Marella Cruises will offer the same great service with the friendliest staff at sea that Thomson Cruises are known for. Loyal Thomson Cruises guests will be happy to experience the same friendly welcome and onboard entertainment that they are used to onboard.
The Marella Cruises fleet will consist of the following ships:
- Thomson Spirit - will be known as Spirit
- Thomson Majesty - will remain Thomson Majesty
- Marella Celebration - previously Thomson Celebration
- Marella Dream - previously Thomson Dream
- Marella Discovery - previously TUI Discovery
- Marella Discovery 2 - previously TUI Discovery 2
- Marella Explorer - launching in 2018
NEW Asia 2018 cruises with Marella Cruises will go on sale from 26th October.