Cruise from the UK with Fred. Olsen
Cruise from the UK with Fred. Olsen
The folks at quintessentially British cruise line Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines want to get as many Brits on holiday as possible, so they’re making it even easier by cruising out of five UK cruise ports. Their fleet of four ships visit destinations the world over, from Europe to South Africa to Asia to South America. While the cruise line also offers an excellent range of fly cruises from 7-58 nights, their ex-UK cruises are exceedingly popular; not only for ease but also because they allow cruisers to explore more of their home country before going abroad. Read on to find out more about cruising from the UK with Fred. Olsen.
Which Destinations Can I Visit on a Fred. Olsen ex-UK Cruise?
The five UK ports that Fred. Olsen use are Southampton, Dover, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Rosyth. From these local ports, it’s possible to cruise to a fantastic range of places.
From Liverpool, your options for cruise destinations can include;
- The Arctic Circle – explore the raw beauty of the Svalbard archipelago
- Scotland – take in the inspiring beauty of the lochs and greenery in Scotland
- The Canaries & The Azores Islands – enjoy the sun and welcoming beaches
- The Caribbean – eat incredible food, meet the friendliest people, and relax
From Southampton, the city that many would claim to be ‘the home of cruising’, Fred. Olsen ships can take you to;
- Canada & the USA – discover the gorgeous terrain of North America
- The Far East – experience Singapore, Japan, and other bucket-list destinations
- Greek Islands – walk through some amazing historic sites while enjoying the sun and tasty cuisine
Hop on your Fred. Olsen cruise ship in Dover, and be transported to destinations such as;
- The Mediterranean – dine on world-renowned food and bathe in Mediterranean sun
- Germany – the small size of the ship means you can explore Germany’s waterways with ease
- Greenland – witness the unspoiled views in Greenland, taking in stunning flora and fauna
Located close to Edinburgh, Rosyth is a port convenient for cruises in the Northern hemisphere;
- Iceland – be wowed by dramatic scenery and the most tranquil atmosphere
- Sweden – get to know the welcoming and colourful culture in the Swedish waterways
- Norway – see beauty like never before in the vibrant Norwegian fjords
- Baltic Itineraries – explore the dramatic landscapes and exciting history of the Baltic region
From Newcastle head to European destinations of all kinds;
- Norway – watch the awe-inspiring Northern Lights dance overhead
- Denmark – get to know Viking history and tasty Danish foods in this pretty destination
- Mediterranean – enjoy the warm weather and delicious cuisine of Spain and Portugal
- Canary Islands – get some sun and unwind on the beaches within this archipelago
- Belgium & the Netherlands – learn more about Europe’s rich history in these integral locations
Why Brits Love Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
Although the cruise line has a Norwegian heritage, there is a steadfast link with the UK thanks to more than 150 years of cargo and passenger journeys between the two countries. Today, Fred. Olsen has multiple businesses in the UK, and employs more than 900 staff here.
This friendship has led to all Fred. Olsen cruise ships boasting some wonderful, British-influenced features that help to make them a home away from home for guests;
- The onboard currency is sterling
- Taylors of Harrogate teas are served onboard
- Tea and coffee making facilities in all cabins
- Afternoon tea is a regular occurrence
- British-inspired dining
- A celebration of British culture show
- English is the only language spoken onboard
In addition to these features guests can expect friendly and attentive service onboard the comfortable and modest ships. The fleet consists of four ships; Boudicca, Braemar, Black Watch, and the largest in the fleet - Balmoral, which can accommodate up to 1,325 passengers. The small size of the vessels makes for a more intimate experience, allowing cruisers and crew to get to know one another and potentially make life-long friends.
Browse through our range of Fred. Olsen cruises and start thinking about your own no-fly cruise adventure.