Castaway Cay is the private island of Disney Cruise Lines, located in the Bahamas. The island boasts tropical activities, white sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters.
Disney's private port of call, Castaway Cay, benefits from two beaches, the Castaway Family Beach and the adult only Serenity Bay. There are 20 private cabanas spread across the two beaches, with each fully furnished cabana boasting 325-square-feet of space. Serenity Bay also boasts three additional private, ocean view massage cabanas, for that extra bit of relaxation.
For families there are two water play areas, Pelican Plunge and Spring-a-Leak. Pelican Plunge is swimming distance from the shore and consists of a 2,400-square-foot floating platform, adorned with nautical flotsam and jetsam and two twisting water slides. Spring-a-Leak is a brand new 2,400s-quare-foot play area set in what appears to be the remnants of a washed-away beach dwelling, filled with dripping pipes, broken plumbing and hissing misters. These two fun-filled locations are basically a great excuse for kids to get wet and burn off some of the fab cruise food.
Activities at Castaway Cay
There is a great selection of activities available on Castaway Cay, designed for premium family leisure. The fantastic facilities include open-air barbeque dining, shops and tram transportation. Here is a list of what else you can get up to ashore:
- Swimming, kayaking and water sports are all available, including adult-only, teen-only and all-age areas.
- Port adventures for all the family, including glass-bottom tours, fishing, stingray interactions and parasailing.
- Open-air massages overlooking the ocean, yoga classes and a bar can all be enjoyed in the adult-only Serenity Bay.
- Disney character greetings, including a dance party with Lilo & Stitch.
- Free childcare is available at Scuttle's Cove, an expansive child's area that is supervised by Disney counselors.