MSC Cruises and LEGO Group have formed a new partnership to bring the first ever LEGO themed playrooms to sea.
This new partnership is set to enhance the MSC Kids Club across the fleet. Split into five different age clubs, Baby (under 3s), Mini (3-6 years), Junior (7/11 years), Young (12-14 years) and Teen (15-17 years), there will be something for children of all ages to enjoy.
The new programme will include:
• A supervised DUPLO Play Pen
• LEGO bricks for the children’s areas
• A LEGO Vertical Play Wall
• Building Happening - a contest where two teams compete to build the best construction
• LEGO Tech Experience - LEGO branded games on Xbox, Wii and PlayStation
• Meet and greet with the LEGO mascot
• LEGO building sets available in the onboard shop
All children taking part in the LEGO activities onboard will receive a diploma certificate to certifiy they are an official LEGO Master Builder.
The first ship to debut this experience will be MSC Armonia, that is currently being refurbished as part of the line’s £160 million Renaissance Prorgamme. The two new ships currently being built at STX France will also have the new programme onboard when they debut in 2017.
Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises said "The LEGO Group and MSC Cruises are both family businesses recognised the world over, so our two companies are a great match. The LEGO Group bricks and toys are close to the hearts of millions of people who grew up playing with them, and with this partnership we hope to give our younger guests some magical memories that they’ll treasure forever. We’re proud to be able to make The LEGO Group a contributor to the MSC".